- Bite Firmly on gauze for 30- 45 minutes
- If bleeding persists, replace gauze as necessary.
- Do not wash or rinse mouth or spit for 24 hours.
- Stay on soft diet for 24 hours
- No smoking
- No alcoholic beverages for 24 hours
- Apply ice on the swollen area for 15 minutes on and off, for the first 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, if there is no sign of bleeding, you may rinse your mouth with warm water and salt.
- Take medication as directed.
- Female: No breastfeeding for 48 hours following IV Sedation and No breastfeeding while taking pain medication.
- If any unusual circumstances develop, call office immediately; During office hours: 718-747-7899
After hours, if EMERGENCY only: 917-215-5007